We were out of town this weekend in the mountains (Ah – wish I were there now!), and I put off my menu-planning until late yesterday. After two days of scrounging, it was time for a balanced meal. I knew I would be limited on time since I had to menu-plan, grocery shop, and fix dinner in about two hours. The crock pot was out – that is the one down-side to crock pot meals. I thought of the one pot pasta I had recently made and decided that sounded good. I went to my Pinterest Board to see if there were any other one pot pastas that could work, and I found one! This recipe also comes from Damn Delicious (via Pinterest).
I was able to prep and cook all under 30 minutes, which really is a small miracle in my house, especially with a munchkin demanding hugs as I work. If you’re wondering what you’re going to make for dinner tonight to avoid ANOTHER night of take-out, this is it!
- 1 pound spaghetti (I used whole-wheat angel hair)
- 1 (12.8-ounce) package smoked andouille sausage, thinly sliced (I used Aidells – NO NITRATES! Watch out – it does have a little kick!)
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 cups halved grape tomatoes (Any tomato will do, just be sure to cut into large bite-size pieces)
- 2 cups basil leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- In a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium high heat, combine spaghetti, sausage, onion, tomatoes, basil, garlic and 4 1/2 cups water; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until pasta is cooked through and liquid has reduced, about 8-10 minutes. Stir in Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
I was lazy and didn’t feel like making a salad, but my favorite side salad would be a perfect addition. (If you fix it while the pasta is cooking, you’ll still make the 30-minute-meal mark!) Hubby had seconds and Munchkin had thirds!
Share on Facebook